Amazing Remote Learning at BPHS:
We would like to recognize BPHS students who have been defying odds and trying their best during these tough times. Updated 4/13/2020
From Mr. Zhang:
- Aniyah Hayes-She’s constantly communicating and looking out for her peers!
- Wilbert Victor-He’s communicating more than ever and really putting in the effort for Cornerstone’s paper!
- Jeremy Corona-Has stayed insanely positive throughout this time and is very very encouraging to all he speaks with.
- Jenny Destefano-Jenny regularly finishes assignments early in the weekend, exhibiting impressive resourcefulness and perseverance with a more independent learning system.
- John Hernandez-Not only has John been doing an excellent job on his online learning assignments - he makes our zoom calls FUN. He asks good questions and is engaged and bring so much positivity to the class.
- Lesly Negrete-Lesly is doing an excellent job with her online learning. She is resourceful, comes to office hours when she needs to and does an excellent job at self-assessing to achieve true understanding of the content.
- Oumou Ly, Soad Kaid , Destiny Uviles-These three ladies dedicated their time and energy during Peer Tutoring to work on their AP Chemistry assignment for the week.
- Alexis Brown-Great participation during online classes and always one of the first students to turn in her assignment for the week.
- Hong Hui Wu-He has been a complete star. Uplifting and helping me teach, encouraging other students, doing incredible in conversation.
- Rocco Ottaviano-He and I spent two hours going over an assignment. He made the effort to go over what he didn't understand and is always in class participating to the best of his ability. I'm really proud of the work he's been doing!
- Kassandra Alvarez-Irizarry-She was having difficulties, but she and I have worked one on one pretty extensively to get her caught up in Trig. She's been working really hard to do her best.
- Miguel Ortega-Miguel is an all around GEM of a human being and I LOVE THAT KID and since he is always so good at everything, I think sometimes he can get overlooked. He is so, so wonderful and I want to acknowledge how great he's been in this transition and how he's tried so hard to help his teachers and other students in accessing the material. He's the best.
- Xavier Ponce-He's helping other students stay on track.
- Louis Tavarez-He's always present and positive.
- Genesis Beleno-Always present, engaged, asking questions during class.
- Adedeji Oyefeso-He has been helping me in class by annotating as I teach when I have my screen shared and is always on his A-game in Zoom and Google Classroom.
- Ali Rodriguez-For increasing her grade consistently and reaching 90s and staying in the 90s.
- Alverson Jean Pierre-He has improved the most in his class and has takes leadership role during our online classes. I am very proud of him.
- Kayla Crawford, Angel Castillo and Jayda Francis-Perfect attendance and exceptional participation.
- Christopher Tapia-His interesting and thoughtful critique commentary and awesome project submissions.
- Jessica Campuzano-She consistently participates and has done some awesome work on her AP Project.
- Mariah Williams-She has participated with thoughtful comments, and her photo projects have interesting perspectives.
- Genesis Beleno-She has been extremely focused and committed. Genesis has really thrived during the remote learning transition. Always participating and coming up with very thoughtful answers to questions.
- Destiny Uviles, Luna Vasquez, Odelisse Ventura, Lizeth Baltazar-Working efficiently as a group in organizing their charity outreach, staying in constant communication with me, and conducting a thorough interview with their charity.
- Leslie Malin-Leslie has improved and now she participates in zoom every day, shows up for makeup class and completes all assignments.
- Pradmael Lucien-Attends every zoom class and make the best effort to complete work.
- Aniya Hayes-Never been late or missed any zoom class and always the first to submit Google classroom assignment.
- Hong Hui Wu-His work he has done has been outstanding and he has taken the lead on helping many other students in the class.
- Jessica Campuzano-Been wonderful in Advisory
- Nicole Abreu-She participates, asks questions, and completes all the assignments!
- Jayda Francis-Jayda participates every day, does extra credit, and challenges herself to jump ahead of the class!!
- Annyia Egberongbe-Anniya is engaged, curious, communicates, and completes the work!
- Louis Tavares-Great contributor to class discussions. Really shinning in this period of change and darkness.
- Hong Hui Wu-Great student. Has a lot to offer and makes the online classes fun and interesting.
- Rocco Occtaviano-Always present and ready to work. Been having deep discussions with him and class.
- Alexis Brown-Alexis has contributed immensely to classroom discussion by pushing her peers thinking and keeping up with her assignments. Alexis has shown maturity and growth throughout this entire virtual process. She is truly embodying COLLEGE READINESS.
- John Hernandez-John consistently participates in class discussion and has shown real growth making real world connections to the non-fiction readings and content.
- Genesis Beleno-Genesis writing and discussion skill have grown immensely this year and continue to flourish during virtual learning through her ability to understand texts and bridge past and present history. She often volunteers and has demonstrated a keen understanding of literary prose.
Remote Learning at BPHS
- NYCDOE Remote Learning Devices: To request Tech Devices for your child.
- Zoom: Your BPHS child will be attending Zoom classes in the morning. Log in with their Brooklyn Prep email.
- Google Classroom: Your BPHS child will receive weekly assignments due every Friday. Log in with their Brooklyn Prep email.
- Free Wifi: Providers Offering Wi-Fi for 60 Days (English y Espanol)
- Free Meals: NYC DOE is offering 3 meals a day for children 18 and under. Find the closest site to you.
- HITE: Free and low-cost health and social services
- Food Help NYC: Map of food pantry locations
- City Harvest: Mobile Markets deliver free fruits and vegetables
We are located at 257 North 6th Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We are closely located to the L train at the Bedford stop and the G train at the Metropolitan stop.
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Diana Isern to request assistance.