Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
What is AP?
- AP stands for Advanced Placement and it is a program through the College Board which gives you intro-level college class experience while you are at BPHS.
- You can earn college credit and/or start taking more advanced classes when you begin college if you can pass the AP exam with a score of 3 or above.
What AP courses do we offer?
BPHS offers the following 9 AP courses:
- AP English and Literature
- AP European History
- AP United States History
- AP Calculus
- AP Chemistry
- AP Spanish and Language
- AP Studio Art
- AP Psychology
- AP Environmental Science
Why are AP Exams important?
- College Success: AP courses are challenging and teach you writing, thinking and problem-solving skills to prepare you for college and career.
- Boost your college applications: AP classes “wow” college admissions because they show you took the hardest courses available at your school.
- Credit: Entering college with AP credits gives you chance to take more advanced, interesting courses as a freshman.
- Save Money: Possibly graduate college in a shorter amount of time, saving you money.
When are AP Exams?
AP Exams are administered in May. Click here for the 2022 College Board Exam Schedule.